~babelicious69~

Monday, May 01, 2006

PHOTOSHOP!!!! First time EVER!

What a hectic day! I'm in charge of poster design for the BBQ event for Chopsticks Society.

ME! Of ALL ppl!!! I'm probably one of the last few ppl left on earth who know nothing about designing using a comp! So I got Jon to help me. He did a fantastic job using Illustrator. Simple and nice.

However, after the general meeting, there were quite a few changes to be made to the poster. Many things happened since, and I found myself stuck with no idea how to make the necessary alterations.

I have no design software on my comp. No Adobe, no anything.

Just Paint.

Tell me, how does one make a good poster out of Paint?

Luckily, John was there to give me his Photoshop software. Even then, I was STILL stressed, coz I didnt know how to use Photoshop at all!

Its like handing a baby a spoon for the first time and expecting him not to spill anything!

How like that?

I took baby steps, dabbled with it a little, and 4 hours later, made all the necessary changes to the poster by alternating between Photoshop and Paint!

From this
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To this!! Using Paint and Photoshop!!! Trust me, its really difficult to make amendments WITHOUT the right softwares and knowledge of computer design!!!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tedious work, I tell you!!!

Neck pain-ing now!! OUCH!!! .. but that's also partly coz I spent another 4 hours after that fiddling with my photos using Photoshop!! hehehe..

Its so fun to play with!!! :D.. Its like getting a NEW TOY!! I suddenly feel so jakun! Everyone else has advanced to design using technology, while I STILL feel so proud of myself when I design cards etc. using colour pencils and markers.

*blush*

I was so fascinated with all the different effects! I was tweaking things this way and that. Obviously, with just 4 hours, I have not mastered anything at all!

I'm still in the getting-to-know-photoshop stage!! You know, the stage where you randomly click on different things and be amazed at how everything magically transforms, leaving your jaw hanging wide open, mentally exclaiming 'WOW!!!' ?

OH, and if there's anything I've learnt, its that photoshop can make you look GOOD!!! I mean, of COURSE I knew that!! but nothing like playing with it yourself to know what a useful tool it really is!!!!

:D

keekekkekkee

*rubs hands with glee*

If there's one thing you shouldn't do, its never to introduce photoshop to a vain bimbo-tic human with two X-chromosomes!!!

Here are some photos I played around with..

Before and after photos!! Mainly pix I took during my Melbourne trip!!!


Before!!! So dark, can't see anything!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After!!!! Brighter, and also with that 'old' effect thingie!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Before!! Gangsta style!!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After! Sin City style!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Before! Wet and shiny!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After! Dry and Matte!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Before!! Drunk!!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After!! See, you can't even tell!! Coz its all black!!! hehehhehe
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Before!! ES, ME and TINA!!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After!! A fat ES ; slim, flexible ME ; super thin TINA!!! kekkekke
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Before! Bad lighting resulting in unflattering complexion!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After! Dark, mysterious stranger!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Before!! 2 crazy guys!!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After!! 2 crazy guys surrounded by messy crazy fonts everywhere!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Hope you enjoy my pix!! Feel free to give any comments!! As well as Photoshop tips!!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com